Monday, June 6, 2011

My new goal... to complete the Danskin Triathlon!

I have never written a blog before, but I thought this would be a fun way to start. I have decided to start the journey of becoming a triathlete, and being able to write about it and share this experience with you all will help me stay on track and excited!


My sister and I were going to join a group called the Kitsap TriBabes a long time ago... things changed and she and her hubby moved out of Kitsap County. So the TriBabe thoughts were pushed away. Back in October I had a really bad back injury. I ended up having a "slipped" disc in my lower back. I have never felt so much pain in my life. It scared me to not be able to even get up off the floor! I have been on the road to recovery since then. I have had to stop playing soccer, which has been hard since it is something I have done since I was a child. I have had to start back slow, with short walks only. About a month or so ago I thought about this "Kitsap TriBabe" group again...lol... My husband has a friend Chris who did it last year and she just LOVED it. I decided "What the hell" I can do this! So in May I registered to be a Tribabe, and then right after I registered for the Seattle Danskin triathlon in August! I have paid for both, so I cant back out! :)


When I tell people this new goal in life I have. I get many mixed signals from them! LOL... Some look at me like "ARE YOU CRAZY!" I have gotten a lot of support too, which is what really helps me believe I CAN DO THIS. I didn't just decide over night. I thought a lot about it, asked a lot of friends and people who have done this too before. I thought for awhile, like NO I need to lose some weight before I even start this journey... but the people I talked to told me to DO IT... they said to just jump right in. The Danskin is a perfect start to being a Triathlete! 


So here I am... about 10-11 weeks away from race day! I am so nervous already, but so very excited too! I will try hard to post a lot on here. I am not the best writer, but it will feel good to get out what is going on!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah...so proud of your jumping in and going for it! Very cool that you've started this as well. I'm looking forward to following your adventure. You go little Sarah...rooting you on!! Love, ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Sarah! It will be so rewarding when you complete this first race! You are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete