Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bike Ride

Before I had this Triathlon dream we use to drive my "bikers" and think "GET OVER!" LOL... I still can hear my husband Mark yelling at these bikers for taking up room on the road. Who would of thought that him and I would be those bike riders?! Mark is very supportive in my new goal... he bought himself a bike too and takes rides with me at night. Most of the time he has to wait for me at our turn around point! Tonight I was right on his ass! lol... I told him to HURRY up or I was going to have to pass him... which I did a couple times. :) 

We are somewhat addicted to biking now. I still fear those hills, but I am gaining more confidence each day! It is hard for me to make myself make time for working out and training, but I am getting a lot better at just forgetting about the dishes or laundry and going out and working my body! We ride out bike from out house, out on Sherman Hill Road, to Clear Creek Road, and then either go right towards Rude road, or Left to the Clear Creek gas station... each has a different route, but both good work outs. Mark is ready to go farther, and I am sure I will be ready soon enough. Tonight we went right towards Rude road... it is between 5-6 mile ride...

I got a new seat and Mark put it on tonight... it is a little more cushioned... my butt doesn't seem to hurt as bad tonight... still not in love with it yet... but we will see! lol

I think I am going to join the Y tomorrow so that I can get some swimming in and other workouts to help me with my training...

Thanks for reading! Hope I dont bore you all!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you want to do a class! Travis and I did a bootcamp class. I loved it because it really pushed me. I am still a little sore from it, but you know its working.

    ReplyDelete