Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

I cannot believe I just did that! Yes, I went swimming in a lake tonight in my swim suit... for FUN! ha ha..

It is hard to describe the feeling of tonight's adventure. When Shannon and I got there we were quite early, so we went and sat by the water with the other people who were early. Before we knew it the place was packed! Shannon kept wanting to creep towards the back of the "class" but I made her stay in the front! :) We kept seeing more people putting on their wet suits and getting their swim caps and goggles on... we stayed in our clothes hoping there would be others in just suits! :) I get pretty nervous seeing how many people are there and I really wanted to go back home in my cozy home and just watch some TV! Well once we knew our water part was coming up, it was time to get the clothes off and show those white legs off! I think just being in the bathing suit in front of all these people was a victory in itself! lol

As our TriBabe leader Lisa did her introduction of the water and some water safety stuff... she showed us how to "march" in cold water and get our bodies use to it fast... once she was done it was our turn... we started to all walk in slowly... there were hard rocks in the water so Shannon and I ended up holding hands so we wouldn't fall! We had to first splash our face with water... then throw some on our backs, and get our goggles wet, spit in them, and then dunk in the water over our heads! BRRRRR.... then we had to walk back out! After some floating techniques and such we had to swim out to a pole, not sure on the distance... but swimming with that many people is scary! I made it to the pole and then got some water up my nose! I made it all the way back too, but I was glad that is all we had to do tonight... I am tired... and am still not sure about this swim part... I really need to learn to swim faster! Not just doggy paddle! I would like to say my fear of the swimming part is over... but I don't think it is yet. I feel comfortable being out there, as they have a lot of helpers a long the way where you can stop and float for as long as you need... It is swimming with so many people that I need to get use to. I know the more we swim the better I will get.

Before we started....Out of the corner of my eye I saw some people I knew walking towards our swimming area! Once I realized who it was... I was like "OMG Shannon, those our my friends I told you lived close!!!!!!!" I was so embarrassed to see them, but at the same time it made me happy to see them come to support (or laugh) at me! :) Sue and Greg are practically my second parents in life, and their neighbor Georgia is a special friend as well! So even though I was shocked you guys being there taking pictures! I really do appreciate the support! :) I love you all!

Forgive me if the writing doesn't flow well tonight, I am losing steam and still cold!  Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Good job! I'll bet you are so proud =)I am proud of you too! I only doggy-paddle and don't swim well either, so I know how scary this was for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurie! I am very proud... I am still scared of the swimming part though!

    ReplyDelete